Do you have the redemption wallet set up yet? if you've never downloaded the wallet before, you're in luck, just go to the website at www.paccoin.net
and download mirror two.
If you did have the older wallet and it doesn't say redemption wallet on it, try these steps https://www.reddit.com/paccoin/comments/7wlj1k/wallet_not_working/
Paccoin.net just released this place to buy $PAC directly http://pacdirect.net/ref/11655/
All referral amounts will go towards Twitter Payday giveaways.
UPDATED! 2-10-18 - EXTRA EXTRA TOP NEWS IN BOLD GOOD NEWS! WHITE PAPERS ARE OUT https://t.co/GiUzWnw86V
THEY ADDED MINING
"Brad: A beginners guide on how to mine $PAC using NiceHash Thank you @Jared (US) for the great tutorial - A nice entry point to $PAC mining for those without their own rigs. :clap::skin-tone-1: https://t.co/GiUzWnw86V
-YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CRYPTOPIA PACCOINS OFF THEIR SELL ORDER OR THEY WILL NOT SWAP IF THEY ARE JUST HANGING OUT IN YOUR WALLET, ITS COOL. NEW DOWNLOAD A MUST!
--REDEMPTION WALLET HERE!-- -- https://wallets.paccoin.net/ DO NOT use link 3 anymore, use download link 1
"I was so excited to hear there was a bulky extra wallet to download!" --Nobody
Yeah it sucks, but better safe than sorry, 2 GIGS is a lot of data for some people around the world, and I get that...
It will however be the last big download for the redemption.
This is the new recommended wallet for your coin swap -- just download it. It will be faster than asking "should I download it" then me saying, "yeah, you should download it"
(MAC redemption wallet upgrader & full install without full blockchain. MAC
Redemption video explanation process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHmX58reB8&t=1s DONT ASK ME
"What happens if I don't download this and use the old wallet?"
I DONT KNOW! - I KNOW THEY SAY USE THIS ONE!
It means you already know there is a redemption wallet, just download it.
DO NOT SEND YOUR COINS TO ANYONE: ONLY PACCOIN.NET IN MARCH (normal citizens with no master node) -- THERE ARE SCAM ACCOUNTS STILL BEING MADE NOW
The Million Dollar Question
1.)What is going on with my PacCoins at CRYPTOPIA AND YOBIT AND TRADE SATOSHI right now? LIVE STREAM FROM YESTERDAY - I can't really give better information than Brad Marsh, and I find it unfair to quote him myself when you can watch it here for yourself. Theres Q&A at the end that answered a lot of extra questions. Watch the whole video that might help clear a lot of confusion you have. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I wont quote him myself, but Brad gives a bunch of good NEW answers on here
YOBIT - When wallets are down, do not send coins here. Never send any coins to any exchange in wallet maintenance
CRYPTOPIA - DO NOT SEND COINS HERE OR TRY TO USE THIS WALLET EVER
If you can see your balance, you're fine. You can't move these right now or maybe ever. Due to massive volume, the urge to buy PacCoin literally crippled their whole website and wallet for PacCoin. DO NOT SEND COINS HERE AT ALL.
Devs are working with Cryptopia to ensure that ALL PacCoins will be converted for you during the coin swap.
!Cryptopia accounts that have locked coins on them will automatically have their old coins exchanged into the NEW $PAC for you. So you don't need to have a Paccoin.net wallet to be part of the RCO. - 1,000,000 PacCoins will turn into 1,000 $PAC after they are traded in for the coin burn!
Unfortunately I have coins on here too, and there's nothing we can do but wait for Cryptopia to fix their markets and/or work with the DEV team on the coin swap because their big boy wallet is broken.
!::!:!:!This may be like this until they manually do the redemption. In the video, there was a real hardship that was not everyone could be pleased, but all the coins on cryptopia MUST to be swapped unless they fix the wallet, which from my understanding is impossible to repair. The company said they were gonna take the risk out of the sense of LOSS in the case that you sent coins before you were told not to. Things like that!::!:::!:::!
I will say that they did not want this to happen, but they are stepping up to do what they can to fix what they can. They aren't gonna penalize the community for buggy issues out of the users control.
Think about what a huge clean up on isle 5 its gonna be. Its gonna take a lot of work to get done, but I'm confident they'll be successful.
ATTENTION EVERYONE WITH PACCOINS ON TRADE SATOSHI "You have until February 25th to WITHDRAW your coins from your exchange wallet and put them into the new redemption wallet available on http://wallets.paccoin.net/.
Trade Satoshi are upgrading their platform in anticipation for the new $PAC coin - Old PAC will not be supported after this time."
Source: Trade Satoshi -- https://twitter.com/TradeSatoshi/status/959060270021623808
"YEAH YEAH blah blah, ya see IM UPSET ABOUT MY COINS STILL" You thought I wouldn't personally say something about yobit and cryptopia? Well, I suppose its in the title. If you're that concerned about your yobit coins, just take the advice in the video that Brad said about just holding tight.
In my own words, without quoting him, he got across that
I know I understand a lot of you are grieving over all the exchange issues, and if you got something bad to say about it, I understand why. It's frustrating to me and all of you for the price has been going down, and they cant be moved.
- If your coins are stuck on Yobit, the redemption window would be extended - he said it wasn't fair to the investor if their coins are locked up.
- You can still sell them for alt currency and buy at tradesatoshi instead.
- You can still buy into the RCO at cryptopia, but its way over priced.
We all want to be in control of our assets, and sometimes things go a way we can't control, but I will finish this by saying there is far worse exchange news floating around lately than just cryptopia and yobit wallet issues.
The exchanges have 1,000 coins and people and things to do and communicate with. The harder we prove to them that we are impatient and flood their mail with messages, the longer its gonna take someone to read the same question again. And then answer that question again. When they need some relief and time to focus on what they can.
They aren't doing this on purpose and the last thing they want is another e-mail about how their website stinks. They don't want the problems, but they're kind of stuck with them.
I would only send a TICKET if your transaction says "Processed" and you haven't received from yobit or cryptopia, otherwise all your questions about why the wallets dont look are going to flood over people that are missing coins.
I'm sure out of the two issues, you would rather see the missing coins one solved then if their wallet is gonna work today, tomorrow, or the next, or the next.
Every email is a block in the ledger that needs to be digged away so they can find the emails that stand out that they can actually try to get a case started on.
They have over 161,000 followers alone on twitter. Cryptopia and Yobit, out of the two, I would say I give my respect to Cryptopia first.
Yobit is still working on wallet issues it sucks, but its the truth I personally bought at .0061 and sold for .0085, sent them to Trade satoshi, and bought all of them from .0071 all the way up to .0085, kept the profits and sent to my wallet. If you are that upset about yobit, sell your PAC, buy on Trade Satoshi, or just sit tight.
Theres no penalty for missing the redemption if they are tied up on the account of yobit. If you need to sell for financial purposes, you still can on yobit, so it shouldn't stress you out. The only people that ultimately deserve respect for keeping their cool is the people on Cryptopia for they could never send or receive after the crash.
At this time, I'm going to recommend just getting them into your personal wallet ASAP if you can.
"We recommend that after checking the exchange wallet status that you send only 100 coins as a test before trying to move a large amount." This is Dylan Pln, FACEBOOK MODERATOR suggestion.
2.) Where do I buy PacCoin? Why is this so difficult? In order to buy PacCoin, I would recommend getting familiar with Bitcoin, Litecoin, or DOGEcoin. ETH is acceptable too. You're gonna need to own these to buy it.
DOGE is especially a good one for this coin, because right now DOGE market is the best price, because .00000001 Bitcoins is still too much to purchase this for right now.
DOGE is like the "Change" In cryptocurrency (for now) and can meet the extremely low price in the markets you will want to purchase in.
3.) What are Exchanges? Exchanges are places similar to the stock market you would see, but more specific for users, as they aren't hidden behind user interface, like Fidelity or Robinhood.
These exchanges are like driving a manual, vs. driving an automatic car. If you don't know what you're doing you should research on youtube for tutorials.
You're going to send, DOGE, LTC, OR ETH to an exchange and try to buy at the most affordable price NOW, or place a buy order at a cheaper price and fish for a good deal.
https://yobit.io/?bonus=xYHIK - try to stick with trade satoshi.
These are going to be the best two places you should buy PacCoin right now. They are the cheapest and if you're using BITCOIN to buy, you are doing it wrong. MOST ASKED QUESTION:
4.) I heard "Blah blah from some unofficial source and is it true?" https://blog.paccoin.net/
This website holds all official news.
5.) What is PacCoin, I still dont get it? https://paccoin.net/
Start by going here and downloading a wallet and talk to PacCoin4Prez on twitter to get started.
6.) Is PacCoin a scam?
No. This is not a scam. It is just the beginning though, and somethings aren't as polished looking as businesses with many seasoned years.
7.) My wallet is not working right.. I can't figure it out. Start here before asking around, although someone will probably help you.
AFTER YOU GET YOUR WALLET WORKING, BACK UP YOUR WALLET.DAT file by clicking "File" - "Backup wallet" save off your computer in case your hard drive crashes or the file stops opening on your computer.
8.) What happens during the redemption process? Everyone that I sent 5,000 PacCoins to in their OFFICIAL PACCOIN WALLET, will need to download the new (Much Lighter) wallet. The wallet is scheduled to be released on Feb. 3rd.
I don't want to get into price speculation, but ultimately the idea is that the 5,000 PacCoins you got will turn into 5
PAC, the new coin and the value should stay the same, but the price should increase more reasonably.
In march the official redemption happens. If your coins are on cryptopia, they should be converted into the new PAC for you.
Otherwise, you are going to be sending your coins to PACCOIN.NET with their specific instructions. DO NOT SEND YOUR COINS TO ANYONE ---- ONLY THIS WEBSITE. THERE WILL BE PEOPLE TRYING TO SCAM YOU AT THIS TIME.
9.) Are there any Faucets? YES. https://twitter.com/Paccoin4Prez/status/957069673752866816
ONLY USE OFFICIAL WALLETS, I DONT LIKE EXCHANGE WALLETS ANYMORE.
10.) Where will the NEW $PAC be featured. The coin is guaranteed to be on Cryptopia!
Otherwise this is a complete list of exchanges applied for. It appears devs are taking this seriously, because it isn't free to apply to most exchanges!
Thanks for reading
Edit: Going to finally start an overhaul on this (April 23rd, 2016); it's been six months since the last edit. I'm going to go from current back, so there's going to be a gap between this top, new stuff and what's below until I finish the update.
I'm just going to have the last six months all shoved together into one large update here. There's weak categorization, but basically just think of it as a huge list. In general, the newer items will be higher within a given category than the older items. I apologize if I left anything out which people would like to see included. Some things I considered more of a temporary update than something relevant months later, but just PM me and I'll add anything requested!
We're currently in a quiet low point. Nothing catastrophic is happening, but we are relatively weak. I call it "the best nadir" because if this is as bad as it gets, we're doing alright. The price is down to 4 satoshi now, which is the lowest sustained price since the beginning of the revival. I'm going on a year behind my original goal for releasing NYAN2, still stuck on a new build computer (alternately time and energy to cripple together a build system out of what I have available).
One major new element: I've set a goal for us to have a mission to visit the site of Apollo 17 in twenty years. This is basically a new dimension. For the first ten years, I envision this as a purely "paper program", doing research on past space programs, in particular Mercury through Apollo, but any and all launch platforms and spacecraft which have been done. We may additionally seek to gain additional education (for instance, I would like aerospace engineering and material science undergraduate degrees at a minimum; we also are going to need experienced test pilots). Space Program Initial Vision:
[NYAN 2035] We must send a mission to visit the site of the Apollo 17 plaque on the Moon
Also, I've replaced the previous "Nekonauts of the Month" competition with a "Who Wants to be a Nillionaire?"
. The major difference is that rather than relying upon me to track everything, the expectation is that Nekonauts will sign up and self-report accomplishments. Nyan Projects
[Hype] Browser based MMORPG accepting Nyancoins for member items
's latest foray into nyan video game development! I've seen an early preview and it reminds me of a primitive Runescape (meant as a compliment) Fun Posts Insert NyanDisk 1 into Drive A:
: NyanDOS! Nyan like it's 1999 ....
: telnet into nyan! [breaking news] Nyancoins will be bought out by Garza in a last-ditch attempt to save Paycoin
- April fool's post Trumpchain on Twitter: "It can happen. Our blockchain has tremendous potential. We have tremendous people. #MakeTheBlockchainGreatAgain"
- Terrific shitpost; really fantastic! Join the Nekonauts today!
- Cool nyan poster "I really hope Satoshi is finally dumping and declaring that, like, Nyancoin is the true bearer of his vision." - CountOneInterrupt
- My favorite idea ever Nyancoin Zen
- So cute. This may be my favorite nyan image ever for its understatement and beauty. High Definition Nyan up close
- Amusing Making PC more Nyan-Friendly!
- cute; amusing. Such nyan! Typical Nyancoiner breakfast.
is great with this stuff! [meta] [misadventures of coinaday] [Pizza Boy Adventures] Late Night Pizza
- Just a little choose-your-own-delivery I wrote during my stint as a pizza delivery boy. I don't know how I wasn't aware of this site before
- I still can't believe there's an entire site for this! Get NYAN Want more NYAN? Faucet Mrai and trade to me for NYAN (and then hodl!)
: What is says on the tin. The faucet is down temporarily at time of this writing, but it'll be back up before I update this section likely. The price offered there is low (mailing list mentioning 200-300 satoshi currently; my offer is worth about 2 satoshi currently); I would consider higher, but probably wouldn't pay those apparent market rates (no actual exchange yet). Force Multipliers
Content about the difference a determined person can make. Intended as inspiration. [Force Multiplier] [Original Content] [pdf; 23 pages] Archimedes and the Siege of Syracuse
- Previously unpublished paper I wrote for a history course in college. [Force Multipliers] [Military History] Julius Caesar's Greatest Military Victory (Video; 10 minutes)
- An explanation of achieving victory in an apparently unwinnable situation. [Force Multipliers] [Naval History] Korea: Admiral Yi - I: Keep Beating the Drum - Extra History
- Incredible loyalty and dedication from this greatest Admiral saved his country Philosophy
Content which fits the themes of fun, self-improvement, and service to others. Wikipedia essay: WikiLove
- I think Wikipedia's policies are in a lot of ways something to look up to. It's true that they're stuck in bureaucracy now, and have driven away many experts, but they function and their policies have helped to give some structure to the anarchy. [US history and macroeconomics] [59 minute video] Thom Hartmann, "The Crash of 2016"
- Interesting video. I think the predicted outcome is something of a longshot, but it's interesting to me that he called Sanders as a major factor in the election years ago. Taylor Mali, "Words and Their Consequences" (68 min video)
- Poetry and philosophy We Are One
- Didn't get any attention at the time, but this is a general statement about the power of people working together. A Message of Hope for the World
- What's the point of Nyancoins? To inspire people. A brief word on censorship
- tl;dr: Censorship is bad, m'kay? Who Owns Nyancoins?
- Hodlers. To The Moon is Not Enough: 100 Year Planning
- About the importance of an unlimited time horizon. We build to last. General
Catch-all category. Okay, this category got out of hand. I should do a second round later and break this out into a few different ones. The best argument I've heard so far for keeping the 1MB cap in Bitcoin
- I still think it would have been better for Bitcoin to grow, but this is the strongest argument for its stagnation in capacity that I've seen.
[conceptual design] How we should expect 100,000 transactions in a minute (or second?) to be handled
- This is about the idea that we should expect to be able to handle large loads without crashing. Pretty basic. Related to an /cryptocurrency
post I'd made: 100,000 Transactions Per Second: How Do We Get There?
, which gives a very high-level overview of one way to reach high throughput capacity using blockchains. Interesting cryptocurrency to try: raiblocks, protocol without transaction fees or block rewards
- I think Raiblocks will be a valuable "companion coin" to Nyancoins ultimately. I don't know how exactly that'll work, but I believe that good cryptocurrency communities should make alliances. If nothing else, we can be valuable to each other as the "loyal opposition", critics who want to see success. Coin-a-Year: Nyancoin : link to /CryptoCurrency post
- Summary of the first year or so of NYAN revival [far future concept] Nyanshares, Nythereumbits, and all-in on 37 rainbow
- A double post: first part describes a possible spin-off, hybrid, 'companion coin' we could make in future years. The second part talks about what a gamble NYAN is. NyanCoin compilation guide and downsizing nyan.space / NyanChain [semi-meta]
- Has a link to a guide for compiling nyancoind on servers. [meta] [misadventures of coinaday] Stuck in the Dihydrogen Monoxide
- Another in a series of coinaday posts proving "play stupid games; win stupid prizes" [Data] Faucet Stats
- KojoSlayer's faucet stats Thing to do a thing that can't do that thing....
- Bit of code for pulling BTC/NYAN feed from Cryptopia. Fresh builds, coming up!
- initial report from vmp32k on attempting to modernize the codebase DigiShield
- suggestion for different difficulty algorithm BIP101 implementation to be made available for altcoins
- prohashing announcing that they will have a Scrypt BIP101 implementation; this is planned to be our base for NYAN3 Year 1: Acquisition and Triage ; Year 2: Acquisition and Build
- Optimistic; in reality, year two of the revival has largely been me just trying to survive. Hopefully more acquisition and build as the year goes on. [technical] [financial] Price Stability and Consistent Hashing
- Basic theory. If we have consistent prices, we'll have more consistent hashing. [technical] [forking] [NYAN3] Should running old defaults be considered a vote against a hard fork or should the veto need to be explicit? / General voting discussion
- What it says on the tin. I haven't gotten feedback on this yet. It's far in the future, but I think it's a critical question. I'm not sure which way is correct. 2015 in review: overview
- Initial summary of the previous year; written before the Coin-a-Year post which did similar [meta] [finance] [misadventures of coinaday] Paying Debts
- Since writing this, I've gone further into debt. I need to get my personal finances together this year, for my own sake, for the sake of those I owe, and for the sake of Nyancoins. Countdown to the Second Halving
- The current block is 1168851 as I write this; we've got less than 350,000 more blocks until the third halving! I updated the major risks page for Nyancoins to include mention of the fork bug and 'time warp'. Please review and comment.
- bolded for visibility; I consider the risks document and making sure that we inform potential buyers as much as possible to be a critical requirement for us [technical] [security] Time warp, fork bug, disclosure policies, and practical results: a working system despite flaws
- Discussion of the success of Nyancoins as a working system despite its technical vulnerabilities. Zero Fees (*)
- Discussion of the role of zero fee transactions and why I consider them important [finance] [meta] [Misadventures of coinaday] overdrafts and consequences / Cryptopia 1sat Dump
- Discussion of my stupidity and its consequences on Nyancoins' financial health [technical] NIP 1: Base NYAN3 on XT
- I consider this critical. We will make a statement about not following the path Bitcoin is currently going down. This is not urgent for us because our activity is so low, but it will be part of building a strong foundation for the future. Hodling Update: 30%
- I haven't done the math recently. I'm probably within 5% of this, but I don't know if I've gone up or down. I haven't given away a whole lot, but I have put no new money into Nyancoins for months from being so broke. I've still gained some millions more from when my 5 satoshi bids got hit though. [finance] Up? Down? Horizontal? - Considering 30
- It's pretty sad how far we are from 30 satoshi now (4 satoshi at the moment). I believe we'll get it back ultimately, but the revival certainly hasn't had the financial success I'd hoped. Dice soft launch
- Not sure of the current state here. Check with KojoSlayer. State of the NYAN October 2015: An interlude for gratitude and yearning for more
- I should get back to doing these monthly eventually. Right now it's quiet enough that there doesn't seem to be a real need. [financial] NYAN vs DOGE as a long-term store of value
- What it says. I believe that the lower supply inflation and smaller supply of NYAN will ultimately lead to NYAN trading above DOGE (currently trading at less than 10:1). [finance] [stats] [gaming] Breaking the Bank: Risk-of-Ruin, Dice Games, and Basic Logic
- I'm pretty proud of this one. By having more money than god, and a screwed up default max bet rule, I was able to beat the house. 8-) 100M
- Talking about the remaining supply and the implications. I think I'm done with this update (at least getting the new content in; I have not changed the old text and content, which is everything below).
Since I can only have one thing stickied at a time, but there are a lot of different things going on, I've switched over to having one main link collection post. And this is it.
I'll update this periodically (I'll try to do a major update once a month) and might replace it at some point. It'll have general discussion of the context behind why these various threads are significant.
I'm doing August and September together for Nekonaut awards and updates here since I got a bit busy at work. NYAN2 is released as a first-draft, but I haven't built it yet (nor done final changes and fixes). I need a computer with more RAM than what I have available to me now. However, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of NYAN1.2, ancient though it may be, so I'm not treating it as an emergency.
The biggest news is that we are now listed on cryptopia.co.nz ! They are a great community and provide better ecosystem support than most exchanges: they include a pool and explorer along with the exchange. And their exchange has a lot of basepairs, with NYAN/BTC, NYAN/UNO, NYAN/DOGE, and NYAN/DOT being relatively active, NYAN/LTC being quiet, and the other two (popularcoin and feathercoin) being unfamiliar to me and generally unused.
Oh, also, when I've taken a look at it, the Nyanchain seems to be running smoothly. I haven't been watching too closely, but the status page is usually showing all green. I especially like seeing the high number of connections (generally close to 30). [Comment from July version; still accurate. I should get automated metrics on the Nyanchain someday, but in the meantime, it seems to be moving pretty smoothly anecdotally.]
Top stories from August and Septemberish
Nekonauts of the Months, August and September 2015 - Combined awards, three awards for 1M as a result, and such. Just check it out. :-)
New IRC channel and tipbot - This came about during the listing process; we are now at #nyan2
WE ARE LIVE! Cryptopia added us just now!! - Culmination of the process of getting listed on Cryptopia. After leading in user votes and DOT votes after the first couple days, the admins decided to add us. So as I count it, we won three votes. :-)
Looking good on Cryptopia so far - My early reaction to the exchange.
The past few days. - Repost of a classic, which is always a good idea in NYAN, given our rich archives.
Miners We Need YOU! - Brief discussion by KojoSlayer about the importance of miners to the Nyancoin ecosystem.
Nyancoind Dockerfile (for the tech-nyans) - Cool demo by vmp32k
Nyancat all up on your Vim command line. - Cool xpost from /vim.
[financial] I hit a positive balance on Cryptsy-NYAN again - I started buying on Cryptsy. I've since withdrawn from Cryptsy and am working on eliminating my balances there, but I've got a lot of altcoins to consolidate yet.
100M - A discussion of the remaining supply to be generated (now under 100 million more coins)
Top stories from July
Gitian Build Instructions - !!! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out. With this roadmap, we should be able to help others build *coins with gitian as well as provide a solid introduction to our own community members. This should be linked and submitted for feedback elsewhere; I should report back to the Litecoin thread with a link to this for discussion. I cannot overstate how important I find this contribution.
Nekonauts of the Month, July 2015 - Still going with this. I may not always get this perfect, but I hope that it will help add some motivation and recognition to the community who is building the next generation of Nyancoins.
Ɲyancoins for Nekonauts! [designs] - Some logos and concept art; a start by W7phone; we hope to see more of this type of thing!
[hypothetical] What would it take for us to be able to start our own Nyan exchanges? - tl;dr: Let's get setup on some decentralized exchanges!
Linux Nekonauts: Building nyancoind - I should get this in the sidebar somewhere. An excellent first post by gentlenyan !
Top stories from June
Nekonauts of the Month, June 2015 - Latest round of awards; I plan to keep doing this each month for as long as I can
[community] You are a leader of Nyancoins / Herding Cats: Leading Leaders; Leadership in a Decentralized Community - A discussion of the importance of you to the success of Nyancoins
vmp32k launches a beta of a faucet - When is this going live?
kojoslayer launches a faucet
Various post on mining being stuck - we are still a bit spotty, but it seems like it might be a bit better. We could use something more than just an instantaneous status page; if someone wants to make something which does statistical analysis of the performance of the nyanchain, that would be awesome.
Broke through the 40 satoshi ceiling, and Plagiarizing great speeches in history and claiming to have a community mandate: Coin-a-Day writes inspirational pap as we stand on the verge of breaking through the 50 satoshi ceiling and envisions the glorious future ahead - and rather more. The price dipped back down on Cryptsy since, but we had a nice rise for a while. I'm hoping that when we get an exchange we have confidence in, we'll see more buying again.
Warning: Cryptsy does not process large NYAN withdrawals - This is why I recommend not using Cryptsy; plus this
Top stories from May
First off: Ɲyancoins needs YOU! - This is a discussion of how all of us have something we can do for Nyancoins, and how improving your own life is absolutely one of those things.
Nekonauts of the Month, May 2015 - This is my first month running this competition. I'm looking to recognize people who are active and contributing to the community and to give them NYAN to help further whatever they'd like to do next.
The network is stable! - Thanks to a new miner, spydud22, we are showing all green on status!
Wow, very large chunk of NYAN at 40 satoshi (6 million) - The title is outdated; there's about double this volume now. [Edit: And now the title is accurate again.]
Initial notes and thoughts on the Nyancoins client update - I've identified the approximate version of Litecoin that Nyancoins is based on and looked at a diff. It looks reasonable and do-able. I haven't yet looked at the latest branch on which I'll apply these changes.
https://github.com/mathwizard1232/nyancoins/tree/nyancoins2 - first draft of NYAN2
(intentional duplication from top stories for July; I consider it that important): Gitian Build Instructions - !!! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out. With this roadmap, we should be able to help others build *coins with gitian as well as provide a solid introduction to our own community members. This should be linked and submitted for feedback elsewhere; I should report back to the Litecoin thread with a link to this for discussion. I cannot overstate how important I find this contribution.- earlier working notes
Cross-platform Gitian builds - Discussion about getting Gitian builds to work for Mac without access to a Mac.
Initial notes and thoughts on the Nyancoins client update - Right now I haven't had time to do much more on this, but I need to work on doing the Litecoin gitian build yet.
Gitian Build - jwflame's initial notes on trying the gitian build
Distributed Library Coin; stealing^Wrepurposing the ideas of others - Introducing the concept; basically a virtual lending library for the community; Learned Optimism is offered.
[DLC] Siege of Earth - Second post, offering Siege of Earth, a classic sci fi tale
[Idea] Minecraft NyanCoins - KojoSlayer is making a cool Minecraft Nyancoins faucet sort of thing (get Nyancoins for playing Minecraft).
[Sneak Peak] Nyancoin Minecraft Server - This project is moving forward quite quickly! See also /NyanCoinsMC for more information.
[Beta] Launch Nyancoins Minecraft Server : NyanCoinsMC - BOOM! I'm amazed at how quickly this has gotten setup. Go check it out!
Background / theory
Overview of major risks of buying Nyancoins - I've tried to collect every risk I could think of in this one place. This is important reading before investing.
Nyan's core principles and why they matter
draft one of Cold Storage 101: How to secure your coins for long-term hodling - I need to incorporate the suggestions still, but between the article and the comments, this is decent.
I will work harder: in which Coinaday reports for duty - My statement that this is going to a new level for me: I'm considering this my dream job now, rather than just my hobby. I'm dedicating myself to serving this community as best I can.
[community] You are a leader of Nyancoins / Herding Cats: Leading Leaders; Leadership in a Decentralized Community - This is a discussion of the importance of each individual, in particular you, to this revival.
A really good read about fiduciary duties in running an exchange - discussion of the responsibility one takes on in managing money for others
[rant] In response to "there is only BTC [and maybe LTC [and maybe DOGE]] AND DEFINITELY NOTHING ELSE MATTERS" - Possibly amusing rant.
My most worthless and most valuable coins: Comparing DIME and 42 - A discussion about interpreting spot price in context
[theory] Bitcoin discussion of hard forks - Talking about the risks involved with a hard fork
Rooting for LTC's Rally to Hold: Nyancoins and the Cryptocurrency Market - Nyancoins do not stand alone. Although it's easy to see the rise of another cryptocurrency as weakening us, because we might trade lower against them temporarily, I believe that a stronger CryptoCurrency market as a whole will be important for our long-term health.
[financial] Cryptocurrency valuation models: Considering Nyancoins as a zero-coupon bond against the community
Why Nyancoin will hit $1/NYAN (and much more). We're going to space, and you're invited! - This is an infamous post by americanpegasus. I believe it was actually someone mocking him in /bitcoin by linking to this which first made me aware that Nyancoins existed, and got the idea in my head that it was a deadcoin (from seeing a post/comments on the sub at the time which claimed that). So the dream of this post was actually so bold that it brought it back from the grave, because it was bold enough to be mocked, and that mockery eventually led me to investigate it, and that investigation led me to fall in love.
1Ɲ >= 1Đ - This is a vision I have, that we shall rise above DOGE. This is not a dig against DOGE but merely a statement about the growth I expect to see us have. There are about 500x as many Dogecoins as there are Nyancoins, so even if we remain significantly smaller we can easily pass their unit price. We've done so briefly previously but are currently below this mark.
We choose to go to the Moon - This is my manifesto about why I am doing this. Cribbed from JFK's moon speech, it is meant to express that it is because of, not in spite of, the challenges that we face that I am here. This started out as a personal challenge. While I certainly would like to get rich off of this, the reason I chose to pursue this is because if we do then, then we're awesome badasses that people can be impressed by.
The original Nyancoins intro video - wasn't really sure where to categorize this
I'll move stories down here as they get older. For now it's the block stoppage stuff as that seems to have stabilized.
Holy shit, 22 hours since the last block. At this rate, I'm going to have to start solving hashes by hand... - This was my post about the block stoppage.
Difficulty has spiked again; if we hit another stall I'll try the transaction fee trick again - Another block stoppage, and a record of my attempt to use the same trick to break it loose again (transaction fee incentive).
I'm ready to give up on life; in which coinaday finally has his full-blown mental breakdown. So long, and thanks for all the rainbows! - My personal mental breakdown. Just listed here because it made an impact. Also, it was an amazing response from the community which meant a lot to me.
Fuck it; encore une fois - My reaction afterward, saying that I'll give things another shot.
Disregard the below: GFS has been down for a few months and probably won't be back. At one point, this project had been offered to me, and perhaps I should have taken it, but I felt like I was already heavily committed here and couldn't take that on as well. It's a shame that no one managed to keep it running though. I really liked the idea.
Disregard the below: it's back down again, last I checked. Not sure what to link on that. The new bot got mildly political again / referenced being a shadowbanned user, and bam. I'm not sure where this is going to go now, if anywhere. Although I suppose the on-blockchain stuff isn't affected, and I'd wager go1dfish will do something again.
/GetFairShare will be attempting another distribution today; go try it out! - GetFairShare is back! Go get free money!
I don't really understand what's going on, but apparently the bot used for /GetFairShare got banned - Some background on GFS having gone down
I think that this will continue to be useful as we gain a larger and larger volume of posts and help me not have to worry about burying something significant posted a couple weeks back or something.
Also, right now I'm just gleaning from the frontpage, but I'll add in some great classic posts too.
Let me know in the comments if there are other posts you'd like to see added here.
Dogecoin differs from Bitcoin's proof-of-work protocol in several ways, one of which is by using Scrypt technology. The altcoin has also a block time of 1 minute, and the total supply is uncapped, which means that there is no limit to the number of Dogecoin that can be mined. You can mine Dogecoin either solo, or by joining a mining pool. A Doge miner can mine the digital currency on Windows ... Schaue dir Vergleiche zwischen den Kryptowährungen FAUCETIUM vs Dogecoin vs Litecoin vs Bitcoin Cash vs Nano an, wie z. B. Rang, Preis, Marktkapitalisierung, Handelsvolumen, Charts und Statistiken. Chicago mercantile exchange. Faucet Litecoin; Faucet Dogecoin; Two-thirds of people who use Coinbase are willing to leave the platform following reports that the U. ESTIMATED DAILY REWARDS Bitcoin Average: 0. Litecoin Faucet Free is the best faucet litecoin ever. Prematurely, all sucker prefixes bulldozed thru the adex referendum are transacted by an notable platform that physics watchlist ... We provide some nice Top Faucet for the most important Cryptocurrencies. From our Faucet you can claim small amount of coins, play with them and start understanding the cryptoworld! Our available faucet includes two Dogecoin faucet, a Blackcoin, Peercoin and Primecoin and soon a Bitcoin Ethereum. Dieser großartige Dogecoin Faucet funktioniert in Bezug auf die Bonusstruktur ähnlich wie Moon Litecoin. Auch wenn Sie nicht daran interessiert sind, Dogecoin zu sammeln, behandeln Sie es so, als würden Sie einfach Ihren Bitcoin Hol hinzufügen, indem Sie es jeden Tag oder wann immer Sie wollen über CoinPot konvertieren. Eine weitere einfach zu bedienende und ehrliche Faucet, die Sie nicht ...
Free Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and more Crypto, Faucet, Lottery. Coinbase Account Kory Man X. Loading... Unsubscribe from Kory Man X? Cancel Unsubscribe. Working... Subscribe Subscribed ... Bitcoin vs Litecoin vs Dogecoin 🤑Copy This Idea: Kick-start Your Way to Making Big Money from Your Laptop at Home, on the Beach or anywhere you Choose - Go n... NOVA FAUCET CLOUDFAUCET LINK PARA CADASTRO👇👇👇 https://cloudfaucet.io/r/124106 https://cloudfaucet.io/r/124106 PARA SACAR NA FAUCET É PRECISO TER A CARTEIRA C... Best Paying BITCOIN - LITECOIN - DOGECOIN Faucets 2020 LINK FAUCET : https://duit.cc/ztreKNRh ===== WATCH IT HOW ... Best Bitcoin Litecoin Dogecoin Free Faucet Website 2020 Instant withdraw in FAUCETPAY Wallet Register link :https://larvelfaucet.com/ref/KC2OhpE0 join:http...